SS100P01R17-21 Vane Air Starter by Ingersoll Rand
Manufacturer: Ingersoll Rand
Guaranteed 100% Authentic
Made in the USA
*Rebuilt Models Have the letter "R" at the end of their model number
Compact Versatility. ONE air starter fits engines up to 10+ liters! With a flexible, easy-to-install design and a durable lube-free motor with plenty of torque, the SS100 air starter provides the versatility, reliability and power you need to start things right.
- Compact design and flexible mounting for easy fit-up
- Standard and metric pinions fit most manufacturers’ small engines.
- Overhung pinion and 360° flange design for easy installation
- Dependable accessories including valves, mufflers and deflectors
- Alloy steel motor components ensure reliability in harsh conditions.
- Offset gear design for rugged power transfer and easy field service
- Class-leading starting torque for engines up to 10+ liters
- Inline and offset designs
- Most popular starter brand on the market
- Simple, rugged, and reliable
- Modular design
- Easy field serviceability
Ingersoll Rand pneumatic air starters can replace any factory mounted starter engine and simultaneously offer a variety of helpful benefits. Compared to conventional electric starters, a pneumatic air starter occupies considerably less space as it is run by air. Pneumatic air starters are also considered safer in hazardous environments as they do not produce electrical sparks like electric starters sometimes do, thus eliminating the risk of igniting flammable materials that may be present.
Ingersoll Rand air starters have significantly more torque than electric starters of equivalent size, and that allows even a small air starter to start very large engines and turbines. In addition, electric starters as well as their wiring may become excessively hot in the event that it takes longer than expected to start the engine, while air-starters can be run for as long as their air supply lasts. Turbine starters provide even more torque and tend to be simpler, and therefore are a natural fit for turbine engines. Turbine air starters are utilized extensively on large turbofan engines commercial and military aircraft; as well as marine ships and vessels, trains, heavy construction equipment, and more.